Recently the President of Turkey Erdoğan signed a decree about re-establishing the world’s most famous cultural heritage, museum and Christian (Orthodox) symbol Hagia Sophia as a mosque (Gall 2020). This monumental and most important Byzantine church was founded in the 6th century Anno Domini by order of the most powerful Byzantine emperor Justinian (ruled 527–565), which became a symbol of the entire Christian world and especially of the Orthodox Church. Read more about Let’s make Turkey Great again! Neo-ottomanism and Hagia Sophia …
ISLAMABAD: Sabir Durrani says he offers prayers almost every day at a mosque in the central Pakistani city of Multan. He says that often a dozen or more men are in attendance – none of them wearing protective face masks. Read more about Many Muslims in Pakistan flout the coronavirus ban in mosques …
- A crucial recommendation of the report by Tunisia’s Individual Freedoms and Equality Committee (COLIBE) is a call explicitly to define the country’s vague criminal clauses that refer to ‘public order’ and ‘morals.’
- The calls to decriminalize homosexuality and blasphemy, and to equalize the inheritance rights of women with men, are opposed by political parties that claim to be post-Islamist but in practice kowtow to Islamic fundamentalists.
- Now it is time for hesitant secular forces in Tunisia’s parliament to embrace and implement COLIBE’s recommendations.
- And in the rest of the Muslim world?
Read more about ‘Arab Spring’ Yesterday and Today: The Tunisian Template …
Suicide, homicide, and sexual assault are increasing much faster in the Eastern Mediterranean Region than any other region in the world, according to a new scientific study. These violent acts, as well as conflicts, accounted for more than 200,000 deaths in the region in 2015. Read more about Mental illness, suicide, and ‘intractable violence’ creating ‘lost generation’ in Middle East …
Pew Research Center
Muslims are projected to increase as a share of Europe’s population – even with no future migration.
In recent years, Europe has experienced a record influx of asylum seekers fleeing conflicts in Syria and other predominantly Muslim countries. This wave of Muslim migrants has prompted debate about immigration and security policies in numerous countries and has raised questions about the current and future number of Muslims in Europe.
Read more about Europe’s Growing Muslim Population …
Judith Bergman is a columnist, lawyer and political analyst.
Originally Published by Gatestone Institute
- In Germany, 47% of Muslims believe Sharia is more important than German law. In Sweden, 52% of Muslims believe that Sharia is more important than Swedish law.
- The studies are supported by European intelligence reports. In Germany, intelligence agencies warned in the early fall of 2015 that, “We are importing Islamic extremism, Arab anti-Semitism, national and ethnic conflicts of other peoples, as well as a different understanding of society and law.”
- A recent Belgian study, in which 4,734 Belgians were polled, showed that two-thirds of Belgians feel that their nation is being “increasingly invaded”.
Read more about Europe: Making Islam Great Again …
Does the Qur’an accurately represent Christian beliefs? Should it? In this video, once again provided kindly by ABN (Aramaic Broadcasting Network, www.abnsat.com) with their permission, I discuss this topic with Pastor Joseph, looking carefully at key texts in the Qur’an on this vital topic.
Read more about Muhammad’s Errors About Jesus …
As Riyadh’s rivalry with Tehran in the Levant turns to Lebanon, its increasing pressure on Hezbollah threatens to severely destabilize the country.
Read more about Saudi–Iranian Rivalry in Lebanon …
Abd al-Hamid al-Ansari
Attempts to diagnose the factors contributing to paralysis and obstacles to Arab reform date back more than two centuries. They began at the end of the 18th century on the heels of the cultural clash with a triumphant West that overran the region with its developed weaponry and modern technologies, with its sciences, expertise and advanced systems.
Read more about Diagnosing the Arab Muslim Mentality as a Precursor to Reform …
Though challenges remain, Turkey is pushing forward with efforts to integrate Syrian students and teachers into its education system.
Read more about Educating Syrian Refugees in Turkey …